Thursday, 7 May 2009

Virgin 1 Ident Creation

Whilst researching for my 3D ident project I had come across two sets of videos describing how the current Virgin 1 idents were created and found the 'making of' the older ident from where the channel launched in 2007.


 video from youtube.com

Above is the making of the first Virgin 1 ident. I was surprised when I found and watched this movie because I was convinced that a lot of the moving elements from the original ident made by Conkerco were created in 3D whereas this wasn't the case, strings were used to make the objects move.



 videos from Mainframe.com

This video quickly shows us all the different layers of these idents that are themed around a Virgin 1 show all come together. What is useful about these videos is that it tells you what effects are added and what's real and what's fake.

No comments: