Rathergood.com
I have been researching the content of rathergood.com after I learnt that they were the agency behind the singing cats advertisement for Crusha Milkshake a few years ago. Since then I have been looking at they animations a lot because they like to concentrate on music heavily alongside their animations, which I am heavily interested in. If you visit them yes you will notice a lot of their stuff is purely for fun and it is quite difficult to find any commercial work on their website. The website has a commercial side to it though. The commercial side is their merchandise; you can design your own clothing and other products such as coffee mugs with images of their animations. A lot of their content is quite unsuitable to post on this blog in my opinion so it would be best to visit them to see what they have on show. For instance they have a stop frame animation called ‘ The W*nky Sh*t Demon’ it is not suitable to post. There are also interactive Flash games on the site and whole music library of songs created by the creative team that accompanies a lot of their cartoons and animations.
The animations themselves are keyframe animations. What I mean by this is that they use still images but alter the position and size of them to make the element move. I think their work is made in After Effects. I have contacted them and asked them a question, which I am still waiting a reply on.
No comments:
Post a Comment