Thursday, 8 April 2010

Getting The Ball Rolling!

I am keeping up with the negotiations about my internship in LA with Frank The Plumber and the creative director has expressed a few things in his emails for me:

"I will find out what kind of rate we can pay you, but it will probably be quite low...."

I have heard from past graduates that have gone onto to do internships and placements the sometimes you don't get paid for what you do, but from what I have made out I may not be just there to run around and making coffee and that I will be involved properly on their projects as they were interested to know what software I use and that they are willing to pay me!

&

"Can you tell me what you would be expecting to get out of this experience so I can make sure it is all worthwhile for you?"

To which I replied:

"I hope to gain more knowledge and experience of the industry and have the experience of working in this area. I am really interested about the type of work you guys do and have been greatly interested in audio visual and concert visuals for years."

They replied with:

"Ok, my main concern is that during the time that you are here we are not in production on a given show, but that is rarely the case.
Even so, we will find things to work on.

Keep me posted on when you would want to come and for how long and I will inquire more on my end"

No comments: