Saturday, 27 February 2010

Max Hattler Contact

Myself and fellow student Jenny Huddart have arranged a portfolio session with abstract film maker and VJ Max Hattler for when we go down to London on a residential trip. Max Hattler would be ideal for me to get feedback on my work because he has created concerts visuals for Basement Jaxx in the past and his opinion would perhaps help me improve my work. Below are the contact emails to make the arrangements.

"Hello Max!
I got in touch with you last year about your film 'Drift', I don't know if you remember me?!
As part of my degree course in moving image, we need to show our portfolio's to people who are in the industry that we want to go into. Throughout my degree course I have realised that experimental film, showing them in galleries and at festivals etc would be my dream area to go into!
I am visiting London between the 28th February - 3rd March this year, to familiarise myself with galleries down there, and show my work to get as much advice as I can. I thought I would ask if it would be ok if I met up with you to show you some of my work, and recieve advice and information about how you got your foot in the door and the processes you went through to get your name out there?
I realise you are a very busy guy, but if you are in London between those dates, and you have a bit of free time you could spare me, I would be SO grateful! :o)
Please let me know if you would be willing to view my work.
Thank you for your time Max!

Jenny

Jenny Huddart Stockport college BA HONS Moving Image. 3rd Year. Manchester."



"hi jenny,

I might be able to meet on 28feb, 1 or 2 march. can you email me nearer the time? then I can tell you for sure.

cheers,
max"


"Hello Max,
I was just wondering if it would still be ok with you to meet up at the beginning of March? I have realised now that the best day for me would be the 2nd on Tuesday.

Also, my classmate Mike Williams has asked me to see whether he could come with me if we met up? He is interested in VJing and Concert Visuals, he has looked at your webpage and thinks it would be a good opportunity for him to get advise on his own visuals from someone who is already in the industry.

Would this be okay, For both me and Mike to meet up with you on the 2nd March?

Thank you again for this opportunity Max,

Jenny

Jenny Huddart Stockport College BA HONS Moving Image. 3rd Year. Manchester."




"hi jenny,

yes 2 march should be fine to meet you and mike. I don’t have a studio at the moment so I’m trying to think where would be best. I live near old street tube so somewhere in that area is probably good, maybe 1pm?

cheers,
max"




"That is absolutely fantastic, thank you so much for doing this for us!

We don't really know London that well, but with the tube etc Mike and I would be fine in getting to that area. We have no idea what's around there though! So if you could just let me know where you would like to meet, I'm sure we could figure out how to get there!
Thank you again, you've made my day!

Jenny

Jenny Huddart Stockport College BA HONS Moving Image. 3rd Year. Manchester."

No comments: